Amchur invites you to dine on six extravagant courses (Papadum & Chutney, Starter, Sorbet, Main, Side, Sundries, and Dessert) at its cozy and elegant ambiance restaurant with friends and family to raise a toast to Her Majesty the Queen with a refreshing Aam Panna.
The Platinum Jubilee Menu has been put together to commemorate the 70th commemoration of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation in 1953. The expertly curated dinner menu highlights six courses of Anglo-Indian dishes that look back to British Colonial rule in India, which was when Indian food made an enduring effect on English cooking.
During this period East India Company traders brought recipes for curries and other flavourful Indian staples back to England, which were then intensely used to suit English plates. The delightful Anglo-Indian food became well known all through the nation and was brought into the world from history and social blend.
The special event begins with a complimentary glass of Aam Panna, a refreshing mango drink. The Queen's Coronation Anglo-Indian dinner menu highlights Anglo-Indian propelled top choices like Papadum and Chutney; Dahi Bhalla, soft Dahi Bhalla dunked in yogurt and topped with green and red chutneys. These deep fried lentil fritters are popular street snack in North India an exceptionally invigorating starter; mango sorbet; Railway Mutton Curry with potato, coconut, and curry leaf. The dinner is complemented with a side dish of Bombay potatoes with mustard, pilau rice, or naan. The feast concludes with an exceptionally well-known Indian pastry Malpuwa, a flapjack with rich and improved reduced milk and ice cream.
This Anglo-Indian special menu is available exclusively for one night only on Thursday, 2 June 2022 to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee of HM Queen Elizabeth 11. Gather your friends and celebrate the Queen’s fantastic seven-decade reign with Amchur Restaurant & Bar.
Amchur Restaurant & Bar – Indian | Nepalese | Oriental cuisine with a contemporary approach!
Date: June 2nd, 2022
Time: 1730 - 2100
Location: Amchur Restaurant & Bar
Address: 38B Saint Luke's Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire SL4 2QQ
Cost: £25 per person (food only excludes beverages)
- Papadum and Pickles
- Dahi Bhalla - Soft Dahi Bhalla dunked in yogurt and topped with green and red chutneys. These deep fried lentil fritters are popular street snack in North India.
- Mango Sorbet
- Railway Lamb Curry - Medium spiced curry cooked in Indian herbs and spices with potatoes, coconut, and curry leaves.
- Bombay Potatoes - Potatoes cooked with spices in Bombay style.
- Pilau Rice OR Naan Bread
- Malpuwa - Malpua is a pancake served as a dessert or a snack originating from the Indian subcontinent, popular in India and Nepal.
These Booking Conditions apply to service provided by AMCHUR RESTAURANT (38B Saint Luke's Road, Old Windsor, Berkshire SL4 2QQ, London, United Kingdom). The food menu and services described on this website are provided by AMCHUR RESTAURANT.
- Only advance booking will be taken.
- Booking is subject to availability.
- To complete the booking full payment for the food (set menu) will be required.
- Once the booking is made, please contact us for payment to secure the spaces.
- If the payment is not received within 24 hours, the booking will be canceled.
- Once the booking is confirmed after the payment, we will contact you for the food pre-order.
- Beverages are not included in the above menu.
- Payment for the beverages will be settled on the night.
- Management reserves the right to refuse the services.
- Management reserves the right to cancel the event if the minimum no. to operate the event is not reached.
- The deposit payment made is non-refundable.
- Should the event is canceled by the restaurant due to force majeure deposit will be refunded back to customers.
Please inform a member of our team of any specific allergy or dietary requirement when ordering.
Whilst we have strict measures in place to reduce the risk of contamination, unfortunately, we can't guarantee that our dishes will be 100% allergen or contamination-free.
All prices include VAT. All menu and prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Service charge not included.